Learning Management System
The main objective of Learning Management Systems is to enhance the learning process. A Learning Management System not only delivers content, but also handles registering courses, course administration, skill gap analysis, tracking, and reporting. Most LMSs are web based and are used in various educational institutes and companies to improve classroom teaching, learning methodology and company records.
They are used in various industries and scenarios like in financial services, compliance training, computer based training, online assessment, collaborative learning, application sharing, and so on. Some LMSs also include a performance management system which encompasses employee appraisal, competency management and skill gap analysis.
Benefits of LMS
- Stream lined training process
- Ability to deliver engaging and motivating training
- Technology leverage
- Centralized learning
- Tracking and reporting features
- Evaluation capabilities
- Easy upgrades
- Simplified learning process
- Reduced cost and time saved
- Interactive Environment
- Anytime, anywhere learning
- Managing users, courses, roles, and generating reports.
- Making a course calendar.
- Messaging and notifications.
- Assessments that can handle pre/post testing.
- Certification and display employees’ score and transcripts.
- Instructor-led course management.